IGNORED

MSD tach adapter

steve91tt

I'm considering installing an MSD 6A ignition box this afternoon. I found a good deal on one locally but the problem is that I have not been able to find a tach adapter. I can order a tach adapter but it won't be in until next weekend.

Is there anything wrong with running a 1973 240Z equipped with a MSD box but without a tach adapter or a few days? I know I won't have a functioning tach but will I hurt the tach in the process?

No... You just will not have a tach. You can run a line from the tach output on the one end of the MSD box and you will have tach. By the way, I have a tach adapter I didn't use when I installed mine. Bought it, but never hooked it up. Not sure it is right for the Z though, I bought it for a 914.

By the way, I have a tach adapter I didn't use when I installed mine.

I installed the MSD this afternoon. About a 2 hour install. I hid it behind the washer bottle, under the drivers side inspection lid so it's very stealthy. You would have to be purposely looking to notice that it was there and I can easily put it back to stock if I needed to.

The high RPM stumble seems to be gone (although I have no tach!). The car pulls much harder than it ever has to as high an RPM that I dare to try without a tach. No hint of any hesitation anywhere in the powerband. Very nice.:)

I ordered the MSD and tach adapter together so that I could get the manufactures discount. The tach adapter comes in on Tuesday.