IGNORED

New windshield advice

mikemerkury

Safelite. Glass and installation $280 in my driveway. Written lifetime warranty. Did a great job.

That sounds like a great deal, just a couple questions for you:

Did you reuse or replace your windshield seal? If it was replaced, did you provide it or did Safelite? (-I would prefer new, and would supply them with a new one from MSA if need be...)

Was removal + replacement of the stainless trim included in that price?

Thanks

Actual shipping adresse is in upper State New York, what is the condition of your windshield ? Is it original (year) ? Any scratches, condition ?

I just picked up a 01/71 parts car with all original glass. If you have the original glass in your car the etched number is M35-G.

I have not cleaned it up yet but to the naked eye it looks pretty good. There are no chips and I do not see any scratches or pitting. I will clean it up today and let you know.

Still not sure how I would pack it up and ship it without it breaking. Shipping would be pretty expensive. zcarsource.com quotes $135.00 for crating and flat rate shipping. If you are not concerned about having Nissan glass you might be better off getting the Safelite glass.

John

The price included the seal. My old chrome inserts fit fine and it had the bluish tint as required by the DOT. With tax the whole operation came to around $296. Make sure your headliner and pillar trim is glued down.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the Z just spent its allowance this month...