IGNORED

EOI: COMPLETE & RUNNING 240K coupe

Stephy

Well - I have been snooping in this forum for a little while now and have recently signed up and opened my own account... I have been toying with the idea of selling one of my 240K coupes. :disappoin

There is a genuine reason for this... It will have to go outside shortly and none of my babies sleep outside!

No pics yet as this is for EOI only - so if you are interested let me know text 0417 159 700 as I don't check this site very often(reception is patchy where I live so calls cut out a fair bit - text is the best way to catch me).

This car is 100% complete and running, not registered though - I basically have this car ready for bodyworks, but with 3 project cars on the go I have the love for this car, just not the time to finish it... No structural rust, great condition original interior, and all the remaining rust has been killed so it will not spread, but most panels need repair in the usual spots.

If anyone is interested in it, I'm happy to put a new battery in and organise a permit so you can drive it home.

Steph

No current pics sorry, it's shoved in the corner at home and i only have progress shots, so none of the whole car, i'll try and dig them off photobucket tonight when i get home - not letting it go for less than $4k - I need $5k but it owes me a heap more...

She isn't any oil painting, but the hard work has all been done. It literally only needs the body neatening up, the rust patches fixed and paint.

She needs to go because i basically do not want it outside - I have another Coupe (which is a one owner type job which came with another Coupe as a parts car!) and I can't justify having two (and a half) Coupes when I know there will be someone who can love and attend to it more than me (pathetic hey!). Not desparate to sell - so if the right buyer comes along I will negotiate.

It's a pretty reasonable price considering it's complete, running and could go for rego (i was going to put SI on it once it was painted).

Any way - enough of my life story - here are some more details I have, it's cut and paste off an ad i have in one of my VW forums:

It is time to say goodbye...

I am running out of room and opposed to putting my Miss Dot outside - I was going to sell her.

1973 Manual 240K GL Coupe

Then:

It was not complete and missing some parts

We got her about 3 years ago - needing a lot of love and attention.

Rust in the panels, but no structural rust in floor or pillars.

Interior was so-so, missing a lot of different small bits.

The car would start - but there were a lot of wiring gremlins i.e. lights not working, fuses blowing, randomly stopping.

Standard L24 with some head port work and a bigger cam, but was not running properly and needed a tune.

Fuel injection had been put onto it but that was another nightmare.

Now:

Almost full re-wire, we've hidden a lot of the wiring in the engine bay and moved the old wire loop fuse box from the engine bay and replaced it with a "modern" style fuse box now located in the cabin.

Sourced all missing interior parts and now it is a lot neater inside.

Major tune so now it will start first go and idle correctly (and oh my gosh does she sound nice)

Volvo 4pot brakes.

Hotwire mags (a bit sexy)

Best bits:

It is actually reliable!

THE SOUNDDDDDDDDDDDD - OH MY GOD! It is one of the best sounding vehicles I have ever heard. With the exhaust and lumpy idle - just heaven.

It pulls very hard in the top end.

All remaining rust has been killed so it will not spread.

THE CAR IS 100% COMPLETE - no parts missing (ALL CHROME TRIMMINGS)

The only thing i didn't get around to was putting a surge tank in - so when the fuel tank is low and you swing around a corner it struggles a bit to get the fuel to the engine. Could do with another tune because i think it could run better.

She isn't any oil painting - but this car is ready for the bodyworks, and it is with much sadness that I have to part with her. This car has had a lot of work put into it and I will be screening buyers because i want it to go to a good home. Looking for $5,000 - but this is a very special rare car. PM if interested. (Thanks Preen for helping me with this )

Not registered - but if the right person comes along I'll put a new battery in it and organse a permit so you can drive her home...

Steph