280zx alt upgrade question - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280zx alt upgrade question

Featured Replies

Yes I've got a lot of questions LOL.

I did the upgrade. My ammeter has become annoying. I'm sure I need a voltmeter now. Is there any potential for electrical problems there?

I've got the 280ZX alternator along with the adapter plug made by Dave, and my ammeter behaves the same way as with the stock alt/VR setup.

Yes I've got a lot of questions LOL.

I did the upgrade. My ammeter has become annoying. I'm sure I need a voltmeter now. Is there any potential for electrical problems there?

As I recall Dave designed the upgrade plug for the 240. Is it the same plug you have on your 280 ?

  • Author
As I recall Dave designed the upgrade plug for the 240. Is it the same plug you have on your 280 ?

I did it myself. The meter seems to have settled down now. What I really need is a volt meter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.