Door panels - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door panels

Featured Replies

Well, tonight I started to work on replacing the vinyl door panels on my car. Things went ok. Unfortunately the skins I got don't have the correct texture on the center part of the door like the original ones. Originally I was sent the wrong color (black ones) and they were correct but I didn't want to deal with it anymore so I went with what I got. So the actually attachment of the vinyl went fine. For some reason the picture makes them look really wrinkly but they don't look that bad in person. One of the problems I had was finding a replacement door skin with the original chrome strip. One day I was in Pep Boys looking for stuff and stumbled upon this chrome strip product that is perfect. It comes in a coil and has an adhesive back. It also comes in different sizes. I went with the 1/4" size and it looks perfect. There was a stitched seam right where the original strip was so I used it as a guide. It went great.

carl

post-11951-14150811452493_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150811452776_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150811452983_thumb.jpg

post-11951-1415081145315_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Hey Steve,

I can't remember exactly, maybe around 20 dollars. There's a bunch of the stuff. If you need some let me know.

Carl

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.