IGNORED

Door panels

cbudvet

Well, tonight I started to work on replacing the vinyl door panels on my car. Things went ok. Unfortunately the skins I got don't have the correct texture on the center part of the door like the original ones. Originally I was sent the wrong color (black ones) and they were correct but I didn't want to deal with it anymore so I went with what I got. So the actually attachment of the vinyl went fine. For some reason the picture makes them look really wrinkly but they don't look that bad in person. One of the problems I had was finding a replacement door skin with the original chrome strip. One day I was in Pep Boys looking for stuff and stumbled upon this chrome strip product that is perfect. It comes in a coil and has an adhesive back. It also comes in different sizes. I went with the 1/4" size and it looks perfect. There was a stitched seam right where the original strip was so I used it as a guide. It went great.

carl

post-11951-14150811452493_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150811452776_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150811452983_thumb.jpg

post-11951-1415081145315_thumb.jpg