1971 Rear Bumper and Tailight needed - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1971 Rear Bumper and Tailight needed

Featured Replies

I got rearended a few weeks back and after a long fight with the Insurance company they agreed to repair it.

The bumper is toast and the right tailight lens is cracked.

After a cursory search, the bumper is hard to find and expensive.

Please let me know if anyone has either of these.

Here's one on eBay right now with a "buy it now" price of $160. I obviously have no knowledge of the the seller but it doesn't look bad in the pictures and that seems like a really good price for something so hard to find. You could probably get it straightened and rechromed for a couple hundred more if the current condition is not good enough.

I got rearended a few weeks back and after a long fight with the Insurance company they agreed to repair it.

The bumper is toast and the right tailight lens is cracked.

After a cursory search, the bumper is hard to find and expensive.

Please let me know if anyone has either of these.

If the insurance company has agreed to repair it, who cares what the price is, they should have to cover the cost of repairs no matter what. Unless they can source these items cheaper, it is what it is. :cool:

If the insurance company has agreed to repair it, who cares what the price is, they should have to cover the cost of repairs no matter what. Unless they can source these items cheaper, it is what it is. :cool:

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I didn't know was whether they were going to give him the money for a new one (like a cash settlement), or buy him a new one. Either way, I suppose sending the insurance company to this website would be a good idea.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

As much as I hate insurance companies it seems to me that their responsibility should be to pay whatever it takes to get your car back to the condition it was in before the accident. If you had a perfect NOS bumper then that's what you deserve. If you had a rusted out and dented old bumper it's not really fair for them to have to buy you a shiny new unobtainium bumper. The rear center section has been NLA for many years now so they're getting harder and harder to find, especially in new condition.

  • Author

Same guy indeed. i lost the bid my a $2.50

That's funny. It's went for more ($167.50) than the BIN price ($160) but less than what he listed on CL ($175).

  • Author

I do very little pruchasing on ebay so it was a learning experience. I set a maximum bid of $165.00 and submiteed it with 30 secs to go. I could not raise it in time.

Moon pup was super cool to forward those craiglistings. I made contact with two of the folks. One was alrady sold the other was painted orange.

I shall keep looking.

Thanks,

Just as an FYI. In restoring my 72, I had the holes for the rubber guards and overriders welded up and then the bumpers re-chromed. Several years later, was hit in the back and my insurance co. ok'ed a new bumper. I then told them what had been done to the original one and they then paid to have the brand new bumper sent out to have the holes welded and it re-chromed like the one I had.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.