IGNORED

New Interior!!

JKiggans

I finally got around to buying fabric to redo my interior!

I plan to make my 280zx have black carpet, black dash, blue gauges, turquoise head liner and hatch!

if any one has any tips i could use all the help i can get!!!

and does anyone know if i can use the digital gauges out of i think an 83` turbo zx??

If you currently have the analog gauges, stay with them!

Trust me ... you don't want the digital instruments - especially the tach.

If I remember right, to convert, you would have to change the fuel tank sender & the water temp sender. Can't recall if the harness to the main cluster has to change.

Yes you can, some have upgraded to led's for the instruments as well as white face's.

The stock lamps are actually clear with rubberized covers on them to change the color.

If your zx has the 85mph speedo, another good upgrade is to swap the 130mph speedo from a 79. It was the only year with it & is a direct swap.

• 3 weeks later...

My dream car was a 280ZXT with the Digital dash. When I picked up my '83 last year with the Digital dash I modified that dream car to a 280ZXT with the Analog dash....

First interior mod I do on my ZXs is to fix the saggy vinyl in the back. I used the Super 77 by 3M and its good but it's not quite strong enough and I'm going to have to redo a couple of parts again....