IGNORED

Chrome bumpers.

Daishi_GD

Found this local Craigslist ad -> http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/pts/1764083170.html

The guy quoted me about $250 for a set of Chromed 240Z bumpers.

I've never seen Chrome bumpers for sale so I don't know what price to compare it to. Is $250~ a reasonable price? I'm interested in replacing my 280Z bumpers.

Just met with the guy. He was legit - warehouse full of shiny metal :classic:

He had 3 piece bumpers. He had the 4 corners but didn't have the center parts.

Overall Chrome looked great. Everything was smooth and pretty much flawless. Insides were clean too.

Sadly he didn't have the full 1 piece bumpers I was looking for.

I agree with Chris. The only one piece bumpers that I am aware of were the original 3 piece bumpers that have been welded together. There are fiberglass and carbon fiber one piece bumpers but thats all I have ever seen.

carl

Seems way too cheap. But it is what it is. I may have to send my bumpers to Canada if he does nice work.

Let me know how they look.

Johnny, Last year I sent my rear Bumper , all three parts , to a shop in Denver and they did a vary good job for me. I couldn't find any one local here that still chromed bumpers. I guess the restrictions here in Oregon have forced them all out of the chroming business. The plating shops still operating are trucking the parts elsewhere to actually have them chrome plated. There prices were either way out of line or not really interested. There is one place in southern Or. but his turn around time was several months. The Denver people had my parts done and back to me in less than 10 days. I will look for the info. for you if you are interested. I did post the info. when I received my parts back . do a search and you should find the info. There is Z driver that lives in the area and he is the one that told me about these people. There name is something like

Denver Bumper Works ...

Gary