Sould I add pearl or not? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Sould I add pearl or not?

Featured Replies

My car is a 240Z with ZG flares and 17X8 (F) , 17X8.5 ® Zauber mesh wheels. I have decided to paint the car a Viper red and am wondering should I add pearl to the paint or not. If I am to add pearl what color pearl should I add to the red paint?

Also if any of you guys have examples of red paint with pearl and could share a few pictures it would be greatly appreciated. :)

below is a example of viper red paint:

large_94_4.jpg

large_94_2.jpg

large_94_1.jpg

Went with a flame red and a gold pearl overcoat. Nice touch in the sun! Will take pics and send along.

  • Author
Went with a flame red and a gold pearl overcoat. Nice touch in the sun! Will take pics and send along.

Kool looking forward to the pictures.

  • Author
Here is a closeup pic ...

Duffman could you please post a pictures of your entire car so that i can get a better idea of what the color look like on the car.

thanx

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I would consult your painter and ask him how the pearl might affect any repairs in the future should they be needed.THat might make up your mind for you.

Logan, will get some pics tomorrow. Z Train is correct, the downside to the pearl overcoat is fixing dings, scratches, etc, it is hard to blend.

be sure to get the pearl coat brand and part number, along with the mixing ratio and number of coats done inbetween the red and clear from the painter and write it down on the paint mix code label of red used.

I'd also recommend asking what kind of clear basecoat was used to mix the pearl with, just so you know exactly what you have for paint. Nice choice. Before I saw that you went with a gold pearl, I was going to suggest just that if anything.

I just read this post and I just have to chime in and say, I LOVE THE PEARL TOPCOAT!! The red is super sharp with the Gold TC!

I think that pearl really can turn an regular paint job into an extraordinary one! In my paint job, the painter kicked the fleck just a tad because there is so much silver in the 510 blue. In the end I got the the pearl/light candy look.

Enjoy the pearl! :beer:

I had gold pearl added and I couldn't be happier with it. In the shade it's just a nice paint job but in the sun, .... man does my "Precious" sparkle.

The bloke who did the paint job for me gave me the left over paint "just in case it was needed".

Rick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.