IGNORED

Oil Leak ?

kjphilippona

I spent 4 hours on my back under my 77' 280z replacing my oil pan gasket. I was not sure where the leaks were coming from accumulated gunk in the skid plate and all around the steering gear assm. and cross member. The leaks have been there for some time, my thoughts was to start with the pan gasket. Well i am sure i might have stopped some but still have oil pooling up on the passenger side steering gear assm bracket. I can also see oil coming down the front of the engine below the CS pulley. It is very hard to see anything without having the car on a rack, where could these leaks be coming from ? Can i fix them without removing the engine from the car ?

Can be done without pulling the radiator, but to do so you'll need to fabricate a custom puller that will fit between the pulley and the radiator. Probably simpler for most people to pull the radiator and use a normal puller.