IGNORED

Who needs rubber?

conedodger

Rob' date='

Post 15 made me think of the airbox seals. Those are NLA for sure.

John[/quote']

Sure would like to find good air box seal material for my heater's flaps...i won't or can't put it back in until i find the right stuff to replace it with, so far no luck

Door window squeegees would be good as well. Simple die, I would imagine. Right now you have to purchase the entire stainless steel moulding just to replace the rubber. At $200.00 for the pair, I'd happily pay $30.00 for the rubber and figure out how to attach them on my own.

By the way Rob, I have a client in Van Nuys that is does Porsche service and builds cars for racing. If you get me your guy's contact and an inventory of the parts, my guy will probably buy from him.

They have a lot of 911's over there that are the same age as our Z's and are just as badly in need of new rubber.

How about the rubber "blocks" that are used to mount the fuel & brake lines along the firewall and also through the tranny tunnel? And also the rubber "blocks" that are on the clutch hard line and a few of the brake hard lines that have a metal clamp that mounts the line to the frame rail?

Sure would like to find good air box seal material for my heater's flaps...i won't or can't put it back in until i find the right stuff to replace it with, so far no luck

I used McMaster part number 86225K51 on my flap doors. It's very similar to the original stuff.

I have started with two very small insignificant - even available parts just to show what we can do. I will have a price estimate for these next week. The 15th or so...

The round plugs that goes in the bottom of the rear hatch.

The metal/rubber guide at each side of the body in the hatch area.

Keep the suggestions coming. The idea is that we make something that looks factory enough to fool concour judges but in some cases is better. So what you got from Mcmaster Carr is nice but it is a compromise...

This made my morning and congratulations, that couldn't be easy.

Steve the dude is completely insufferable. He has a crack in the plastic next to a bolt holding the raintray on under his engine lid. He has been searching the classifieds on three different Porsche websites and the PCA publication for a new or like new one for 10 years. He has even offered $1000 for it. It apparently was the only problem his car had until he discovered that the longitudinals on the sides were rusting out from the inside. He then promtly had chest pain and was admitted to the hospital for an angioplasty. The doc told him "you need to lighten up!" No??? Really???

I have 1 and 1/2 taillight seals. As you might guess, they are not NOS, in fact they are pretty hacked out but are still attached to a pair of taillights, which may be of some help in dimensioning. I'm still planning on the reunion in Sacramento next weekend, so I'll just bring'em along and let you decide if they are usable or not.

Chris

Chris,

They probably aren't usable. The better the beggining the better the end. I have my own I could take off... They are probably in better shape than most.

I'll bring 'em anyway. They are attached to a spare pair of taillights, not the ones on the car.

Chris