IGNORED

3/72 240Z Automatic Transmission - What part hooks to this connector

ArnieTX

Can anyone identify what goes here? I believe this part is the key to getting this vehicle to crank. I've gone through every wiring diagram I can find and cannot account for this plug or what connects to it.

Thanks

post-13715-14150811149011_thumb.jpg

post-13715-1415081114938_thumb.jpg

Yes - Please post a pic or a few.... Much appreciated.

EScanlon - Thank you. I will look into that further. By looking at the wiring diagram I assumed the inhibitor switch (BY/BY/RB/R) was built into the tranny because of the color wires coming out of it. Maybe the inhibitor switch called out in the wiring diagram is a different part than what you are referring to. I say this because of the color coding of that empty plug. The empty plug has 6 wires.

Thanks for ya'lls help.

Maybe somebody can study the following pictures and my comments and help me out. Somebody on this site should be able to tell me which direction to go or how to troubleshoot further. I'm at the end of my rope here. I think I'm missing a part but not sure. The biggest issue is not getting 12V to the starter solenoid when the key is in START. And I think inhibitor switch and neutral safety switch are probably the same part/terms.......who knows. I'm scratching my head. What's the next step?

ProblemTroubleshoot.jpg

FusibleLink.jpg

Pluglayout.jpg

WiringLayout.jpg

Thanks

You're using the wiring diagram for a 71-72 AT, you need the one for the 73 AT. That one will show you the Green wires and their relationship to the Seat Belt Interlock portion of the switch. The one you're looking at does not, that's why you're having the difficulty in tracing the circuit.

The 73 AT diagram shows the Type K-18 Inhibitor Switch which ties in the Seat Belt interlock circuit. The Manual transmission uses a different type Inhibitor Switch (K-24 IIRC). The important point being that it MUST show the seat belt and seat sensors.

Other than that, your notes seem to be on target.

FWIW

E