Installing Water Temperature Sensor - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Installing Water Temperature Sensor

Featured Replies

I have a new temp-sensor to install. I have the housing, threaded retainer and, of course, the water temp sensor. I even have a new cap and thermostat (might as well replace 'em while I have it apart) and all new gaskets.

I know to use pipe tape on the retainer, but do I need any sealant between the retainer and the sensor?

Pipe tape can tend to insulate the sensor from grounding properly, causing gauge inaccuracy.

  • Author
Pipe tape can tend to insulate the sensor from grounding properly, causing gauge inaccuracy.

That makes sense. I'll install it dry.

i put a dab of antiseize on the threads, but not too heavy for grounding reasons.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.