IGNORED

My refreshed 240z seats

logan1

Well my 240Z seats were showing their age. I got these new seat covers made for $200 (Both seats) and am really happy with the results. Below are a few before and after pictures of the seats.

BEFORE:

IMG_0524.jpgIMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0024.jpgIMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

The seats look good. I had put new covers on customer cars so I had the hog rings and pliers to install them on my Z. To keep the new bolsters from being chafed like the old ones push the seat all the way back when exiting the car. I don't have to remember since I'm 6'7".

Did you have a local car upholstery place do these from scratch?

Used to take our other cars to a local guy's shop in Dallas when our seats got worn out, or some interior paneling needed to be re-covered. He didn't speak much english, but he did a great job and for a great price. May consider a re-do in leather at someplace similar when my vinyl repro covers eventually wear out.

are those 240z seats? the mechanism are different than mine. also the before pic must not have been originals as yours don't have the vent buttons.

Those are the non-reclining mechanism that came on the 70 and 71 model years (at least for the North American market). They only tilt back slightly (10 degrees I believe). However, it looks like they have been repainted silver, instead of the original satin black finish. Your 1972 would have the fully reclining mechanisms, so yes, they are different. I agree that the old upholstery on the seats was not original either.

-Mike

I shipped the original seat cover overseas and had them make a new seat cover that was a little bit more modern looking. The original seat cover was completely disassembled and used as a blue print to cut the new seat covers.

I shipped the original seat cover overseas and had them make a new seat cover that was a little bit more modern looking. The original seat cover was completely disassembled and used as a blue print to cut the new seat covers.

So that supplier should still have the template. Do you have contact info?

So that supplier should still have the template. Do you have contact info?

The supplier is actually a little mom n pop shop in southern India. I was able to get the seat covers made there because my parents are currently in India and offered to have them made and shipped out to me.