IGNORED

Help sourcing a couple rear brake parts please

MEZZZ

I am trying to find a couple rear brake items. I am in the middle of redoing the rear end of my car, struts, diff mount, bushings, spindle pins, etc. I am also tearing down and rebuilding the rear brakes. I have them taken apart, cleaned, sanded, painted. I am replacing the wheel cylinders, lines, shoes, springs, etc.

In taking them apart, I found what is refered to as a dust boot, it attaches to the rear outside of the drum where the adjusting rod enters the brake.

I have only found it one place, EBAY, and it is offered up for sale by REDDAT and I really do not want to go through him for (to alot of you on here) obvious reasons.:stupid:

I looked at MSA and Black Dragon to no avail. Any one know of another source? I am also looking for (for lack of better words) the rear hanger rubber for the e-brake cables as one of mine is in need of replacement.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

...SNIP... I looked at MSA and Black Dragon to no avail. Any one know of another source? I am also looking for (for lack of better words) the rear hanger rubber for the e-brake cables as one of mine is in need of replacement....SNIP....

Have you tried your local Nissan dealer or Courtesy Nissan?

For the life of me, I can't understand why folks don't try local & genuine first. Sure, some prices at the dealer are ridiculously high, but many are surprisingly NOT!

Thanks for the tip on Ralph guys, I will check him out.

moonpup, I tried a search on Courtesy last night before posting this request. I dont have the part numbers though. I pulled out my F.S.M. and thats about all I had to go on.

Without a part number, its almost impossible to source through any of the Nissan dealers around here. I have called a couple in the past and they act like I am from another planet when I tell them its for a '77 model. :)

I dont have the part numbers though. I pulled out my F.S.M. and thats about all I had to go on.

Without a part number, its almost impossible to source through any of the Nissan dealers around here.

Sounds like someone needs to buy the club parts CD. You will probably save the cost of it on your first parts order instead of buying from the ebay resellers.

-Mike