IGNORED

just want some opinions

hello everyone i have 2 1970 and 1971 datsun 240z's and was going to junk both of them and i was wondering if anyone knows weather i should strip them and get all of the good parts off and sell them? and another thing is this exhaust worth anything and would any one be interested?

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Jacob, if you have a Z or plan on getting a "good" one in the future I reccomend that you either strip the cars or store them. Parts - even little screws - would be invaluable to you. OTH, rotted fenders, bent bumpers, dented gas tanks etc are not usually worth anything to anybody. Check out ebay prices and see how much comparable parts are selling for and figure out if you want to go that way. It is time consuming to take pics, list and ship! Craigslist is a bit easier with a smaller audience.

You can also check out Hybridz, Zcar.com and our classifieds for further info. I do know that a lot of 280Z owners like to convert their "park bench" bumpers to the smaller 240Z's. A few even convert the tail light area to the 240Z type.

Of course, helping out some folks that could use your parts now is always good for banking some Karma points. I have no dog in this fight because I have a 260Z and there is very little that I would be interested in on your cars. But, I also have very little knowledge on whats "good stuff" for early 240Z's.

I can not ID the header brand but I would guesstimate that it is worth $50-100 based on some of my infrequent observations.

Added: take good pictures and state honest descriptions - less grief all the way around. For example, the steel wheels are date coded - some restorers really like to get originals if they are missing. This is a part that is often overlooked except by maybe a show judge!

Edited by oldhemi

hello everyone i have 2 1970 and 1971 datsun 240z's and was going to junk both of them and i was wondering if anyone knows weather i should strip them and get all of the good parts off and sell them? and another thing is this exhaust worth anything and would any one be interested?

Definitely. Somebody can use them and you get money. Win/win situation ;)

I would think that Z drivers that live in the North East would be knocking on your door. With the shrinking amount of 240s out there , you have value there. Your not going to make a ton of money , and it IS a pain to pull and photograph and ship but , if you have the space and time it can be well worth the effort.

I hate to see a Z go to the crusher that has usable parts.

Gary