IGNORED

Went for a Ride in a Nissan GTR!

Oiluj

Quite a car! Very quick and it does well in the corners, though we didn't push it that hard. Acceleration felt similar to the Z06 Corvette I was in a while back.

Had some fun scrolling through the various screens on the central display, and the G-Force screen is interesting for the passemger to watch.

My only complaint is the funky door handles that could use some re-engineeing. Other than that, I was impressed.

In 2007 I tried to get one, but I couldn't get a dealer to give me the time of day. I was told this car was only for the special class, well I thought a Z guy that loves the old skylines, and knew more about that car than the dealership as a whole did, should count. I guess they louse the dealerships around me are stuck with them know, they don't sell parts even if I have the part number for the 240Z I'm restoring and I bought a Toyota not a Nissan.

They are a blast especial if you can get it on a track were you can really uncork it.

If you were wondering how a GTR performs on the track, check this out: http://www.streetfire.net/video/nissan-gtr-road-america-229-lap-stock-summer-dunlops_2000789.htm

This guy did a 2:29 lap at Road America on summer street tires! This is a 4 mile, 14 turn road course. 2:29 is really flying! And that car sounds incredible flying by you too.

Enjoy!

Marty

The GTR can't touch the Z06. The Nissan is nearly 700 lbs heavier and has 30 to 40 less hp (depending where you read) and about 40 ft lbs less peak torque. The Z06 will hit nearly 200 mph. That being said, if I had to make the choice between the two, I'd probably choose the Nissan.

The GTR can't touch the Z06. The Nissan is nearly 700 lbs heavier and has 30 to 40 less hp (depending where you read) and about 40 ft lbs less peak torque. The Z06 will hit nearly 200 mph. That being said, if I had to make the choice between the two, I'd probably choose the Nissan.

The hp and torque difference is made up with the all wheel drive, and maybe a little more. The 700 additional pounds is what kills it. However depending on the track, or track conditions I think the GT-R could beat the Z06. The problem with comparing a Z06 to a GT-R is the old apple and orange, they are both high performance cars, but after that they begin to separate. The closest cars are the pony cars (Camaro, Mustang) and sports compacts.