IGNORED

Missing part help!

Reverend

Missing very small part indeed. I was dismantling my combination and flasher switch for cleaning. Part on the pic has a tiny ball or marble inside it...and i lost it. I dont know the diameter or material of that little ball, but i do know that it is important, without it the flasher wont work..

Edit: Also i need help with the ignition switch. It's attached to steering wheel with 4 screws and 2 of them look very strange and cant be removed... Help?

post-20168-14150810974922_thumb.jpg

post-20168-14150810975636_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reverend

Those screws are not meant to be removed, you can cut a slids with a Dreml and then use a flat head screwdriver.

Chris

Yea it seems so, i just ordered a new ignition switch as the old one is so worn out that i can pull key off while driving. That's why i need to remove it.

Also, those two screws used to have an extension on them that allowed them to be removed. They are fairly delicate. If you overtighten them, they snap right off (I know this from experience after installing my parking light relay and using one of those bolts as a grounding point).

Looks like that is what happened to yours. They snapped off at one point or another. You will have to drill them out.

Regarding the little ball bearing...that is why I dismantle delicate things on a large table with nothing else on it. I also keep all of my little components in a cup after they are removed...they cant just disappear that way.

Sometimes you got to get creative. I'm sure you can find something like a BB or something similar to serve the original purpose.

No they had an extension on them that allowed them to be torqued up then snap off by design. They are designed to snap off. Its part of the anti theft steering lock mechanism. The steering lock wouldn't be much good if you could just unscrew them with a socket set.