IGNORED

Question specific to adjusting the acord nut on a booster push rod

BTF/PTM

So I found the stubby acorn nut I've been looking for at a local junk yard. It didn't come off its parent push rod easily, and I want to ask about whether I did things the right way or not before I attempt the same method on my own car when installing the part.

It seems that the knurled part of the push rod does not actually separate from the push rod the way a set nut would. I had envisioned it (based on the FSM) being a set nut that you crack loose and then move the acorn nut as needed. I ended up simply grabbing the knurling as best I could and using a 7mm wrench to remove the acorn nut with mild resistance. Is this correct? I couldn't for the life of me get the knurled part to come away from the push rod, it just kept spinning as one piece and getting all gouged up as I tried. Hence I want to clarify before working on my own car. Thanks, everyone :)

Edited by BTF/PTM

The knurled section is not a separate part of the brake booster push rod. The acorn bolt threads in the end, and there is no lock nut to secure it. Each of the ones I adjusted did give some resistance to turning however, almost like the threads were intentionally deformed to act like a nylon locking nut's threads.