IGNORED

Tire Size For My 240

DLinder

Dear All,

As I was having trouble deciding on the appropriate tire to buy for my 240 decided to search the net. I found this sight and became a member because it seemed very comprehensive.

Anyway, I have the 14X7 slotted mags on my car. Currently I have Pirelli P44 195/70 14's that came on the car when i bought it. When going around tight corners I rub.

Does anyone else have this wheel tire combo? Do/did you have the same problem.

I am thinking about going to a 195/60, minimal section width difference with a smaller diameter, I think. I am definitely not a tire expert. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Damon

Your tires rub with a 195/70R14 tire? Is your suspension stock or modified? I ask because my car has the stock suspension and I'm running 215/60R14's on 14x7 rims and I have no rub problems. If your suspension is lowered some that may cause some rubbing, but I wouldn't really think so. You might want to try and check this out a little further.

Dear Kmack,

Thanks for the reply. i have been looking around the site and have found that this is a topic that is talked about a lot.

One thing that I have learned is that the Tire "Size" is misleading. For example I looked on Tire Rack after I read your post. I looked at overall diameter on a 215/60 vs. a 195/70 and the 195 is taller. This is where I believe the problem is as I only rub around hard corners. Width-wise I think that I am okay. I will take your advice and check if the springs are worn. To my knowledge the suspension is stock. I have not had the car too long and have not torn into the suspension yet.

Thanks,

Damon

• 5 weeks later...