IGNORED

Somebody please help me!! F*#king wheel vendors!!

mike240

Does anyone know, for the love of God, who sells and/or where I can find some 16 or 17" thin spoke five or six star wheels (like Konig's Rated R or Toxxin, or the Cobra R) that offers(or even special makes them for the 240Z)? And the ones that do(like Revo Wheels, require you to mortgage your house to pay for them. If anyone here is from Revo wheels, I'm sorry. I love the 17"RZX line for the Z, but I'm not about to pay $225 a wheel for those. $150 or LESS per wheel is what I'm looking for. I am ready to kill somebody. Pleeeez help me. Thanks everybody.

hey rob,

thanks for the info but if you'll notice that all those wheels have a +42 offset and you know that the Z requires an offset of 0. i also forgot to mention that i refuse to use spacers. even tho some will disagree, i believe that spacers are bad for your bearings and i like the deeper dish look of a lower offset wheel. most fwd wheels have a 'flat' face look about them and i don't think it looks very aggressive. i hate front wheel drive.

Hey Mike,

I agree with you on the FWD look. We're talking about Z cars, not Eclipses here. I too like the traditional dish look, especially in a mesh or 5 spoke style. I could live with up to a 3/8" (9.5 mm) spacer, but a 1-5/8" (42 mm) spacer, I feel, is too thick.

I looked into the site that onemore240 suggested and found a mix of styles that look pretty good, but there were no prices that I could find and the babalfish link was broken so I couldn't translate the Japanese text.

Have you tried online forsale posts? I have looked through these on occasion and found some decent prices although not much in 17" sizes.

You might try this site: http://www.zcar.com/classifieds/class_parts/

If you find a reasonable vendor let us all know. I know that alot of members would appreciate it!

Rob

A friend of mine use to have enormous difficulties trying to find alloys for his Peugeot 405. Now with an adpator over the standard Peugeot bolt pattern he is now able to have a wide choice in Honda styled rims as he is now running Honda bolt pattern.

So if you are really stuck think outside box .... anything is possible even Ferrari 355 rims can be made to fit the 240Z.

Why endure those ridiculous prices these vendors are asking for?