IGNORED

OEM Z radio questione

ra240z

I have a Hitachi radio and the Model nr is TM-1081ZB(S). This radio have the tuning at left side and volume/ tone at right, and with power antena switch vertical on right side. I havent seen this other places and wonder if anyone can tell me what year this is from, thanks

rab

post-18925-141508105976_thumb.jpg

My 1971 240Z manufactured 6/71 came with this AM radio. I still have the escutcheon pictured in my spare part box. The antenna switch was relocated to inside the glove box when I replaced the radio with an AM/FM radio right away. I bought the first Sony car cassette plater, the TC-1, and mounted it in the glove box as there was not other place for it.

That was the standard (and indeed, only factory-equipped) radio for all '70 & '71 240Zs in North America. My 7/71 car also had this signal seeking radio. For '72 in North America the standard offering was an AM/FM (not stereo) that was not signal seeking.

Thank you for your info, as I had plans to sell this radio and tried to find simular radios at Ebay etc. But I only found radio with the volume nob at the left side, so again thanks for your help.

rab

• 3 months later...