IGNORED

Fuel pump help !!!!

TorqueAutoMotiv

Ok heres the deal i got this car a while ago from a customer who wanted a basic tune-up and a few other things

then it turned into well its not running blah blah blah

He finally sent me the transistor and ecm and so on it wouldnt fire cause we arent getting gas but it fired when ether was spayed in the tb

I check fuel pump leads no power

I test pump it fail

I just got a new pump and its mounted SO my problem is

are the relays the only thing that can stop power to the pump

there was a hot line wired into the pump wich i shorted not knowing it was hot now i cant locate a fuse or source for that

Im kinda screwed i want it running so i can get the car out of my garage

Any insight or help would be great

I went to start my car and it backfired slightly and now it just turns over and wont start. I pulled out a plug, im getting spark and fuel. I took off the valve cover and the timing chain is fine. Is there a sensor or something preventing my car to fire up? Anyone have any ideas, please reply. thanx

checked the one on the bracket i didnt see another Ill go double check its a 76 280z btw think i forgot to put that in there

76 uses a contact switch in the AFM to kill power to the pump when the engine is not running. If you take the black side cover off, you'll see it, it closes when the AFM flap opens a few degrees. Move the counterweight and you can see it working.

I have had the contacts get dirty and not close. Had to clean them up with a match book striker, they're small.