IGNORED

my 620

Darrel

Nice, I've been on the lookout for something similar on Craigslist around these parts. Haven't had much luck, most of the optimists around here are asking $1800+ firm for a truck that looks to be in similar condition

He was asking $400 originally, but since I know how hard it is to find these I offered $600 to keep the others at bay. He had a lot of calls after I made the offer.

I rented a trailer from uhaul and made the 500 mile round trip to get this one. It does have a bit of rust, but not really that bad. Floor pans are good, it's just the rocker panels and fenders, plus the various small dents. I should be able to bring the paint back a bit to make it look presentable.

I have been searching CL for a while nation wide. I almost had one in tucson I could have flown out and driven back, but he sold to someone local to him. If you really want one, be prepared to fly out and drive it back if it's drivable.

There was a free regular cab in roswell earlier this week, no engine or tranny. And it looked to be in pretty good shape.

I am on ratsun, have been for over a year. The truck in tucson was posted there first then CL.

Edited by Darrel

• 3 weeks later...

I got the truck up on a lift today adjusted the valves and it passed emissions :-D

Carrier bearing is toast, needs RR axle seal, once the front pads wear down it will need new rotors, fix wiring rats nest at the rear and rf parking light, egr is gone as is the air pump, missing some linkages on the carb, it's a wonder it even passed the sniffer test. There is a broken valve cover bolt that has been "worked on". If I don't replace the head, i will at least take the old one off and have the bolt hole fixed. Gas tank isn't original, i don't even know if it came out of a pickup. I will have to take pics of that once I find a tank and replace it. Only pics can describe how it's mounted.

The good news, I know of someone that has a parts truck. Hopefully it will have the tank, a/c bracket and the parts to do a manual transmission swap.

Even with the problems found today the truck is still a good deal at $600.

Future upgrades,,, possibly will go with a weber carb, new intake and exhaust. I'm not sure if i will go with a 2.4 or just stick with the 2.0.

Darrel

• 3 weeks later...