IGNORED

4-Ear center caps?? Any one know where to get 1 or 2??

Zs-ondabrain

I've spend 4 solid hours looking for these and all I can find is 5-ear center caps. I have 2 beautiful caps but the 3rd one had corrosion and the 4th does not exist (didn't come with the car)

And while I'm asking for parts made of unobtanium.... The small bulbs for the 72 choke light and rear defrost on the fuse cover of the center console. Any one? Got a couple to spare?

So does ANYONE know where to find the center caps or bulbs or possibly have 1 or 2 they are willing to sell?

Here's what I need.......

post-4921-14150810514154_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150810514601_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150810515034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Caps...

I may have an extra, Dave. I'll have to look to be absolutely certain.

Today is ganging up on me with family stuff, so it may not be until tomorrow before I'll have a chance to dig around. If I've got an extra, I'll be glad to send it your direction.

I'll let you know it's condition so you can decide whether you'd want it or not.

Frank

I bought a set last year from Massey's. Here is there ebay link to the sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-CENTER-CAPS-FOR-INDY-WHEELS-US-MAG-4-EAR-4-LUGS-LUG_W0QQitemZ350292690677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518f1246f5

The screws were not the right size though, still looking for some.

Frank,

That would be awesome!! The 3rd one isn't as nice as the first 2 but at this point, I just want a complete set. Now I gotta go get new lugnuts. The old ones are kinda OK but the washers are toast and rusted to hell. They're pitting the aluminum on the wheels.

And I tried to replace all 4 on the wheel pictured above... One of them was the wrong thread but I didn't find out till it was too late, I'm pretty sure the studd will break when I try and pull it off for replacememnt. I gotta pull the rotors for turning, so I'll take care of it then. Let me know what you find.

John,

I Looked EVERYWHERE for those!! I searched every possible keyword, phrase, website and found only 5 ear style. Thank you. That'll come in handy if Frank can't find his.

Also,

I found the exact screws that came on the 72, for the center caps at the Local Co-Op. They are called Thread cutter screws. Flat head screws, tapered head with a few cuts in the tip for cutting into the aluminum.

Now, Does anyone know where to find the small bulbs for the choke and defrost sockets on the fuse cover of the 72's??? I can get them from Z-Specialties but it would be nice to have a back-up plan.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dave for the name of those screws. Went to the local hardware store store and asked for 'thread cutter screws' and he knew exactly what I wanted. They were only 31 cents each. By the way, this was one of the small local hardware stores, where you're greeted at the door by someone who is actually helpful, not one of the big box stores. Sadly, only a handful remain in our area.