IGNORED

77 diff into 75 body

IdahoKidd

Trying to put a 77 diff into a 75 body using the 77 crossmember with a solid diff mount. The problem is the centering bolt is too far forward by an inch. I can't locate this issue in the searches (too much information, nothing specific). Any suggestions on what might be wrong? Any chance the mount itself is wrong? I am assuming:finger:that the diff is physically the same in the 75 as is in the 77.

Thanks!

Leonard

Both cars should have a R200 as you may know but I never heard of different style mounts or cross members for the R200 in S30Z's. You sure nothings got tweaked or twisted in the 75 or77 bringing that center hole off by a inch due to torque/body twist from burn outs? Does the 77 cross member appear similar in shape to the 75 cross member?

Edited by WingZr0

I thought it should have been a direct swap. It belongs to the guy who is painting my car and since I am still recovering from rotator surgery, all I can do is watch. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. We are thinking the solid diff mount is the problem, that it was meant for a different application or ?? We will try to find an oem style today and see if it is different. The old one was decayed and tossed. It was mind boggling last night as everything seemed to work right up until it didn't. As soon as we can get his car out of the way (major suspension work), I can get my car in for the shell to be painted. It isn't about him, it's about me LOLLOLLOL

HaHa, yeah, get that Z back on the road :) . Just so I'm on same page what do you mean by solid diff mount? You mean as in locked differential or a mount that use no bushings? Sounds like you might be right though, give MSA a quick ring and ask if they ever heard of a different style cross member or mount as your experiencing if no one else chimes in on it.

Edited by WingZr0