IGNORED

Ware to start

c240z

Hello I found a supprise under my under coating and am not sure how to go about fixing. Should I cut out this area? How fare up should I go? There are two pices of metal the one is part of the fender sheet. The other must be a pice spot welded for a stiffiner. What is the thickness of the metal?

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

As you can also see my T/C mounts are very very bent up. Is this a avlable pice for replacement? I have only found fraim rails. They state they dont come with the T/C mounting brackets. Wow what was some one thinking:cry:

Hmmm, that looks vaguely familiar. Yes its a stiffener that is spotwelded over the inner fender sheet metal. I would hazard a guess that is 16-18 gauge. Maybe 20!

The TC "bracket" could be scabbed to - like what the factory did with that stiffener in your picture. BTW, Baddog floor rails weld right over the bottoms of the TC brackets.

Here is a link to one our members method of repair (has pics also):

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28644

Take a look at the pictures in my signature link for some oogly rust on a straight car. You might want to check out the rest of your rails.

Hmmm, that looks vaguely familiar. Yes its a stiffener that is spotwelded over the inner fender sheet metal. I would hazard a guess that is 16-18 gauge. Maybe 20!

The TC "bracket" could be scabbed to - like what the factory did with that stiffener in your picture. BTW, Baddog floor rails weld right over the bottoms of the TC brackets.

Here is a link to one our members method of repair (has pics also):

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28644

Take a look at the pictures in my signature link for some oogly rust on a straight car. You might want to check out the rest of your rails.

Wow that is a lot of rust