IGNORED

Repainting with Gold #920

ajmcforester

Thanks for your input I think it will help. I thought I heard DuPont was making the paint for the factory restoration however, I might be wrong. I fully agree that under the interior pannels and would ad on my car the inside of the tool compartments are good places to see what the color should look like. The only other way to check is to find a panel stored, void of light, and reactive air.

On the pictures I might make a website that I'll post link to. I've taken over 300 pictures so far. I love the digital camera.

We had the local paint supply house bring their portable spectrum paint reader to obtain a color match. If I recall, they measured 4 points (behind the rear vinyl, in the spare tire well, behind the riser vinyl, and behind the rear cargo compartment finisher).

The scanner makes physical contact with the surface it is "reading" and with its integrated light source, measures the reflected color.

I presume the integrated light source attempts to recreate sunlight. (We all know that florescent, incandescent, halogen, and other light sources affect the color humans see.)

We are pleased with the final color.

Keith

We are pleased with the final color.

Keith

My point exactly. Do what you have to do to get the color you want and love the hell out of it;)

The problem with the spectrum gun is that you can shoot the same area 3 times and get 3 different results but it sounds like you ended up with the color you wanted just as I did and Terry did before me.

zed2

Isn't technology great before machines like that you had to trust some guy could look at it and mix by look or trust some formula that used different paint. The machine will just about all the time get you close if not exact, then you can adjust from their. I did this with my first Z the blue one to get the paint to match 20 year old paint, so I could make repairs from cracking on the hood and rear left fender. When I was done I found no one who could tell what I had repainted except me and the guy who did it (we didn't even blend the panels.