IGNORED

new member from Belgium, Europe

Hi Guys,

My name is Dem de Bruyn and I live in Belgium, europe. My motherlanguage is dutch, in this little country we have three official languages: dutch, French and german…

Okay, cartalk. I’m 28 years old and I have already a “toycar”, a California look vw beetle. Not familiar for you guys I guess, but the most important thing is that I built it to pursuit the real 70’s clean and fast look. It runs a 2179cc weber carbed engine and pulls 190hp on the dyno. A real fun and fast car but it’s time for another toy. Since my youth I loved the looks of the classic Z car and I think a 240 or 260 will do the trick for me. Pretty new in the scene, so I’m not familiar with the therms and options and wheels etc… that are available for the car, not sure what JDM means but I guess I will learn with the usual dumb arse starters questions.

:ermm:

So, I’m saving up and I hope to buy a clean survivor by the end of this year… Plans are giving it the old skool racing looks combined with the newer stuff…

Mirrors on the fenders, bolt on flares for the wheel arches, lower it, nice period correct rim and webers… and some small detail work.

One problem: I like the 240 the most but I promised my wife I would buy a car where we can cruise with all three of us… (she’s 7 months pregnant now…)

And that’s a problem… so the 260 2+2 can do the trick but I just settled for the 240! :cool:

Hope to make some friends here and receive some helpful tips and a guideline in the style I pursuit. Same with my beetle, there are many, I repeat many styles and for a newbie it’s hard to get it right, I guess that’s pretty much the same for the Z range…

Thx,

Dem

Dem,

For Dutch as mother-language, your English is excellent.

Welcome to probably the best site for Zcars you will find.

If YOU are looking for the most 'fun' in a car, see if you can convince your wife to go for the 2 seater.

After all, that's what grandparents are for, to watch the little one while you cruise with the wife. (not a knock on the 2+2's :)).

If it's a daily driver, then I agree with your wife (everybody can enjoy it from an early age).

If it's your 'toy', go with a 240. Eventually, your child will grow up and what better experience can you have than to take them out and show them what fun the Z is.

Dem,

For Dutch as mother-language, your English is excellent.

Welcome to probably the best site for Zcars you will find.

If YOU are looking for the most 'fun' in a car, see if you can convince your wife to go for the 2 seater.

After all, that's what grandparents are for, to watch the little one while you cruise with the wife. (not a knock on the 2+2's :)).

If it's a daily driver, then I agree with your wife (everybody can enjoy it from an early age).

If it's your 'toy', go with a 240. Eventually, your child will grow up and what better experience can you have than to take them out and show them what fun the Z is.

Bart,

thx for the nice compliments. Yeah, I know that the 2 seater will satisfy me the most but I convinced the girlfriend to buy another pleasure car on the conditions that it would be more "family friendly" But the 2 seater isn't! :)

It wouldn't be a daily driver, just another big boys toy.

Dem