IGNORED

Anybody have an MSA "Victory" spoiler??

Marty Rogan

MSA has a new version of the BRE Style rear spoiler. It is 5 3/8" tall versus the standard BRE which is 3 7/8" tall. Has anyone out there bought and fitted one? I was wondering about quality of materials and fitment.

I want a BRE style spoiler and like the idea that it is a little taller.

TIA,

Marty

I bought one on a group buy on HybridZ for $149. It should be here next week. Based on a few other members who had them, the quality & fit was good. Guess I'll know for sure in a week.

That's a good price. I suppose the group buy is over?

I am glad to hear the fit and quality is good.

Thanks,

Marty

No, I think MichaelZcar (works for Zcar.com) is still taking orders. He just needed a minimum of 10 buyers. If you are a member on HybridZ, you can send him a PM with your email address & phone number. Someone will email you or call you back to take your order. Here's the link for the HBZ ad:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/88782-new-spoiler-with-some-z-car-history/page__pid__850718__st__60entry850718

We had a chance awhile ago and made molds up from the BSR/Newman 280 (fenders, front air dam, and the rear dam).

The "Victory" would be the middle child between the BRE and the BSR version in height and angle.

So the BSR version is even higher that the Victory? Does anyone sell that?

Marty

It is indeed higher and at a different angle (more upright).

I know of no one making this part but if I can get some time we'll start making them.

Maybe I can find a picture of the car itself since the the mold is much help at this point.

It is indeed higher and at a different angle (more upright).

I know of no one making this part but if I can get some time we'll start making them.

Maybe I can find a picture of the car itself since the the mold is much help at this point.

It's good to hear you may start making them. It will not do me any good though, as I need to get it on the car before an April 17th track day.

I bought one on a group buy on HybridZ for $149. It should be here next week. Based on a few other members who had them, the quality & fit was good. Guess I'll know for sure in a week.

Can you tell what the width (front to back) of the spoiler is at the base?

Thanks,

Marty

Can you tell what the width (front to back) of the spoiler is at the base?

Thanks,

Marty

I copied and pasted this from their website:

Description:

The Victoryâ„¢ Spoiler is made in the same design as the BRE Spoiler, only significantly higher. The height of the BRE as measured from the back is approximately 3 7/8". the height of the VICTORYâ„¢ as measured from the back is approximately 5 3/8". The Victoryâ„¢ Spoiler is made of high quality fiberglass (see related items below for Carbon Fiber), and comes ready for prep and painting. It bolts on to the deck the same as the BRE Spoiler does (bolts included), and does not interfere with the lock.

I copied and pasted this from their website:

Description:

The Victoryâ„¢ Spoiler is made in the same design as the BRE Spoiler, only significantly higher. The height of the BRE as measured from the back is approximately 3 7/8". the height of the VICTORYâ„¢ as measured from the back is approximately 5 3/8". The Victoryâ„¢ Spoiler is made of high quality fiberglass (see related items below for Carbon Fiber), and comes ready for prep and painting. It bolts on to the deck the same as the BRE Spoiler does (bolts included), and does not interfere with the lock.

That gives the height. I was looking for the width of the spoiler from the back of the hatch to the front.

That gives the height. I was looking for the width of the spoiler from the back of the hatch to the front.

I haven't received my spoiler yet. If you are on HybridZ.org, you can ask the seller, or maybe other members who have one. If not, I'll post the width when I get mine.