IGNORED

how to tell which tranny you have/diff fill question

brattesani

I have a 240z with an L28 block swapped in, mated to a 5spd trans, I want to change the fluid but I do not know if there are different versions. on my old mitsubishi you just filled it to the fill hole and it was good, is it the same on these as well? also I read somewhere that you can fill the diff through the hole where the halfshaft mounts to the diff, is this true? thanks!

Are you changing the fluid in the transmission or the differential?

First because they take different fluids.

Second because there are drain and fill plugs in both units. On the early cars with universal joints on the half shafts they bolt into the differential. I would be a royal pain to pull them out just to change the fluid.

well i dunno about yours but on mine there is a crossbeam that has 2 bolts that go into the diff that completely covers the fill hole and covers just enough of the drain plug to make it look like a royal pain to get out. does yours have this? if so how do you just take it out or what? thanks. the trans looks like cake