IGNORED

Valve color polish and paint-opinions welcome

IdahoKidd

Slowly working on the 110 red/orange on my 240. The painter has come back with a polished valve cover with some color matching. I like it, just curious if others think it is too much. The engine block and air cleaner will be painted to match the car as well.

post-17702-14150810180643_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150810181032_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150810181265_thumb.jpg

If you were going for the factory original look you lost it!! LOLLOLLOL

Great visual effect, that is sharp looking.

BTW "back in the day" we used to call it "persimmon." But I like

your description of the #110 paint code as "red/orange." We have

a guy, Mike, in our club who has a gorgeous 74 Z in that color. If

your painter did it as well as Mike's did, your description would be

unbelieveably accurate.

Because in different kinds of light, it will look like either one or the other!--

To the degree where you will be pleasantly befuddled from one day to the next.

All Z Best,.......................................Kathy & Rick

Edited by Kathy & Rick

And then you get the fun of dealing with people arguing that "It's Orange!!" and the others who demand that "It's red!!" And it all depends on the time of day or what light you're in.

I deal with that on a daily basis. But either way, it's obviously getting the attention that it needs.

I like what ya got there,

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I like the look as well. There are a lot of options available to dress these things up. I have worked over a dozen or so - click on the gallery link below...

Edited by DeesZ

I think it looks really nice. I don't think the valve color or the other changes make it look over the top at all. It will really make the engine and engine bay look beautiful. Good luck and as always, post more pictures. We can't get enought!!!! :)

carl

Thanks for the feedback! I am very aware I am not doing something new, just very new to me. When I spoke with my painter we discussed what my expectations of the finished product would be. He said "well detailed". Later I discovered the car was going to be largely disassemled and done 'right'. I am very pleased with what I have seen but now feel like I have to take care of all the other details to do it justice. So much for the budget. Fortunately the car really is rust free, and complete, which helps. I started out with a $900 car, will have $3000 into paint, $120 into body work, a projected $1000 into the interior, and $500 into tires, keeping the slotted mags and having them polished.

And the argument about what color it is has long since began. It is orange to me in general terms. My daughter swears it is red. Dave, Ive always admired your car and I am sure you have stated somewhere, but what color is yours?

Slowly working on the 110 red/orange on my 240. The painter has come back with a polished valve cover with some color matching. I like it, just curious if others think it is too much. The engine block and air cleaner will be painted to match the car as well.

I think it looks great. My car is Orange/Red/ Persimmon/primer Gray.:) And if it makes you happy, that is all that really matters. After all it is your car.:classic:

Looks great! I thought that cam cover was the work of DeesZ (John) when I saw it. Real nice color for a Z and is sure to stand out in a crowd. When I first bought my Z the underside of the hood, door jambs, etc. were freshly painted that color. you can see it in the last page of my gallery. The PO was going to paint the car that color. I still have that hood and haven't repainted it yet. I like it.

Edited by geezer

Starting to recover from shoulder surgery, not enough yet to tinker. Attached is a pic of the air cleaner box and of the spare tire well. The colors are very close, but just enough off to make one wonder if it was a painting error when looking at the finished car, thus the question about making them the same.

post-17702-14150810249557_thumb.jpg