IGNORED

280Z seatbelts into a series one 240Z?

zcar70

OK!

In summery,.....

Who has the best retractable set that will go into my 1972 Z?

I want the short belt to have a "sleave" to keep it off the floor, and the retractable to hook up on the roof like the existing fixed belt.

I'm all ears folks.

IMHO, I found a good replacement. I described it here.

It's easy to install, no drilling, etc., and it has the sleeves for the center buckles.

The question now is what hardware is required to mount the retractor in the floor depression? Does the recommended belt set retractor fit in that depression?

My 1972 has the belt bolted to the rocker panel z(outboard lap portion) and roof (cross chest).

It would seem like the roadster mounting of the retractor on the roof would place that "lump" close to your head??

The question now is what hardware is required to mount the retractor in the floor depression? Does the recommended belt set retractor fit in that depression?

My 1972 has the belt bolted to the rocker panel z(outboard lap portion) and roof (cross chest).

It would seem like the roadster mounting of the retractor on the roof would place that "lump" close to your head??

I did not attempt to fit the retractor into the depression. It is not designed to do that. The retractor is mounted at the roof. It is not near my head that I perceive.