IGNORED

Various body parts availability/ sources?

DaveBonds

Hello. I'm relatively new to this forum and I'm looking for a few parts for my '72 Z;

Urethane BRE front spoiler/ spook. With or without vents. Preferrably without, but will consider anything. Not really looking for an air dam to replace the valance and corners. Just the unit that bolts to the valance, etc.

Rear lower body panel (weld on) with or without exhaust cutout. Preferably without.

Tail light lenses. I don't care too much about the chromed plastic. Just looking for a good, relatively inexpensive set of nice lenses. Euro/ Jpn spec or US/ Aus spec. I don't care.

Unvented hood. Minor body damage and tearin/ cracking doesn't bother me, in or near the Denver area. I'm willing to drive up to 100 miles to get a good, used one.

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave,

There are quite a few sources for parts. The main problem is going to be if they have the part you need/want and how much you want to spend. Ebay is always a good place to check for parts. Especially for things like the hood and tail light lenses. There are usually a set of lenses for sale and if you don't care about the chrome strip, they probably won't be horrendous. A list of sources is a pretty common question so you might check out the search function and see what comes up. I think someone asked this question about a month ago. I will give you a quick list but it may not be complete. Classic Datsun, Motorsport Auto, Banzai Motorworks, Datsun Spirit, Black Dragon, Z Barn?, Z Car Source, Zedd Findings. These are what come to mind immediately. You may need to Google them to get the correct address. The rear lower body panel shouldn't be to hard to find. I have one I can sell you if you need it. The spoiler is available from several different places as well. The hood will be the only problem only because of the shipping expense. Good luck.

carl

Thanks Carl. I know about Black Dragon and Motorsport Auto. I've been fishing a few websites for the taillights in particular. Black Dragon and Motorsport have 260/280 lenses and assemblies available. There was one outfit called too intense restoration that has them listed, but no prices available.

I'm willing to spend a few hundred on lenses, but not to the tune of $500+

I'll scope the other websites you listed for them as well as the urethane spoiler. I've seen several in fiberglass, but I haven't come by urethane in my passing just yet.

Thanks again!

Dave

Check Classic Datsun. I am pretty sure they make the orginal BRE style front air dam that is polyurethane. They also make other fiberglass options.

The CDM BRE spook is fiberglass, just like the originals. Made from the BRE molds too.

-Mike

Hello. I'm relatively new to this forum and I'm looking for a few parts for my '72 Z;

Urethane BRE front spoiler/ spook. With or without vents. Preferrably without, but will consider anything. Not really looking for an air dam to replace the valance and corners. Just the unit that bolts to the valance, etc.

I've never seen a spook in urethane, only glass or CF.
Rear lower body panel (weld on) with or without exhaust cutout. Preferably without.
Rear panels are available here and there, but all 240Z panels had the exhaust cutout. Again, I've never seen one that was correct for a 240Z without.