240Z VS 260Z engines - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240Z VS 260Z engines

Featured Replies

I was looking at some of the performance figures for these two engines and noticed the 240Z seems to have a better engine as far as the numbers for horsepower and torque are concerned. Why is this? Don't they share most of the same parts?

Also, if they share the same pistons, where do they make up the longer stroke of the 260Z crank, in the rods? I have a 74 260Z with the E-88 head and the round top carbs and I'm always wondering how to get more out of it. Cam and headers are first on the list.

Britt Boyette

remember 240z hp was stated in gross and 260z was stated in net (I think) so the 240z had about 137hp net

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.