IGNORED

KPGC110 grill

khughes

Hi Guys,

thought you would all be interested in this, some pictures of the genuine KPGC110 grill i finally managed to pick up (after 5+ years).

more pictures at http://www.project240k.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2291

The two end pieces are some sort of plastic, whilst the centre piece is metal. the 3 pieces and the mesh is rivitted together.

There are a few minor scratches on this one, and a spot of rust starting to show through on the centre, so i will have to look at trying to get a 2 pak paint colour match, then get it soda blasted and repainted properly.

I am still in two minds about whether i will use this grill on the car, or put it away and get a fibreglass one. i can always put this one on for special occasions (show and shines etc)

post-6769-14150809784102_thumb.jpg

Edited by khughes

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

sorry it took me so long to respond, it has been very busy lately

but yes, i was looking at restoring it back to it's orginal colour, really it just needs a bit of a cleanup and touch up of the rusty areas.. only problem is to do it properly, it means doing it completely :)

I was hoping that i would somehow get the colour mixed to match (i know in the states they have machines that can measure and formulate the right colour, just not sure if they have them here in Australia).

Bob, originally i brought in a good copy from japan to use as a mould here in australia, but it was destroyed in the process (a shame as it was quite good), and the shop who took the mould has simply stopped replying to anyone.. so that was a waste of time.

I am hoping that a good copy is available again soon in Australia.