F/I Fuel Rail - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

F/I Fuel Rail

Featured Replies

I was just curious to see if any one knew if anyone makes a custom fuel rail for the F/I L28's. I hate the look of the tubes and connecter hoses. Am i way over my head here?

Lots of places...there is even a site somwhere that details making your own. I think GRM or SPORTZ recently did a pictoral on making your own. Pretty simple, just drill out the billet and tap both ends and plug one (or return) and then drill, tap and fit nipples along at the proper intervals.

That car looks really familiar.

steve77

Just remember: The bigger block of metal you use, the more heat it will retain. I know they're ugly and really a pain to work with, but the existing thin wall tubing and hoses shed pretty damn well. Now, if you could make a rail out of a piece of reinforced nylon or something.

Any plastic experts around here? We need something that is of course solvent-resistant but can withstand 300F and take a tap well.

steve77

  • Author

Hey, could you give me the internet address for some of those places. Also, if you have the websites for places that have them already made as well that would be great. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I don't have them...sorry. Check the back issues of SPORTZ

steve77

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

That thing looks cool...let me know how it turns out

  • 7 years later...

Hi,

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…

Hi,

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…

wu5579.gif1264g00.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.