newbie - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

newbie

Featured Replies

Hey everyone, I just bought my first Z. It is a 1972 240z, it needs a little lovin. I have never done anything like this before. Any helpful hint or tricks to get me started? :bulb:

Anyone else out there from Idaho?

Mike

Well hi and welcome ! This site has great members with a massive amount of info ! Get to know the ''search'' button well , and your many questions will be answered . Even if it might look like a rusty bucket of bolts, a pic or two usually gets the ball rolling ! :)

Hey everyone' date=' I just bought my first Z. It is a 1972 240z, it needs a little lovin. I have never done anything like this before. Any helpful hint or tricks to get me started? :bulb:

Anyone else out there from Idaho?

Mike[/quote']

Suggestions:

Look at the links in my signature.

Also bookmark XenonS30.com.

Get a good set of metric tools.

Get a copy of the factory service manual. Also the Haines manual can be helpful at times, as can the Clymer manual. Note: The Clymer manual is out of print. I found one used on Amazon (hence the link). I bought an earlier one that just covers the 240Z & 260Z. I found it can clarify the Japanese to English translations that you find in the factory service manual.

Bookmark all Z car part sites you can find. Zhome.com and Zcar.com have plenty.

Search before you post questions. A lot of information is available for the time of a little digging.

As to your final question, yes, there are people from Idaho here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.