IGNORED

emergencey brake light stays on

oifss2

Hi everyone I was replacing my carpet and I disconnected my emergency brake light switch. After getting everything back together the brake light indicator stays on. Ive tried unplugging the switch and the light still stays on. Any ideas?

Thanks

That light not only indicates that the emergency brake is on but can also indicate low fluid if the car has the caps on the MC that monitor fluid level or it could also indicate a line pressure differential problem between the front and rear brakes.

Thank you, I will check the fluid levels tommorow. Not very mechanically inclined but trying to learn more daily, keep my service mannual with me at all times. I thought messed up the e brake sensor switch. when i dissconnected and reconnected. On a brighter note Carpets came out great, but found a slight coolant leak on pasenger side. Research leads me to believe its the vacum water **** due to the low volume of fluid. Thanks again reading the posts here have helped me a lot.

All the fluids were full, did a road brake test they worked fine, no pulling same as they always been. Disconnected the sensor under the MC cleaned it light still stayed on, Disconnected the hand break sensor the light still stayed on, Tried disconnecting both sensors at the same time and separately the light still stayed on,is it possible while messing around with the hand break sensor I grounded the wire somewhere past the connection. If not I'm on my way to the brake shop, time for a pro to inspect the brake system anyways. the MC caps do have the sensor wires but they are not connected to anything, nor have they been since Ive owned the car.

jim

Edited by oifss2