240z body/restore - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z body/restore

Featured Replies

Anyone know of any reputable body or restoration places in the southern california area? My search has been fruitless, half the body places Ive come across have been an absolute JOKE either in workmanship or service. I'm looking to do a full body paint job and restore on my 1972 240z. If anybody could do it or recommend a place that theyve had good experiences with please let me know!

thanks

There is a guy in L.A., his name is Steve Pettersen. Some on this site must know of him, he specializes in doing Zeds.I have been in touch with him and some of his very satisfied customers via e mail, I'll post his e mail when I get home from work.

Mark

  • Author

thanks northernz I'm definitely interested. Do you have a website or anywhere I might be able to see some of his work?

He does not have a web site but will e mail pics. Hew is very friendly and willing to correspond, unlike most restorers I have talked to.

Mark

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 4 weeks later...
amen to that. thanks, looking forward to those pictures!

Did you by any chance get to see those photos & possibly still have to show/share with me!?

I'm in the process of looking into restoring a '71 Datsun 240z which will definitely need a lot of body work & restoration. So I'm looking around for a price quote which i know won't be very nice to hear/see.

Hi Mexichris,

I have some photo's of Steve's work, I beleive he has a body shop guy in the same complex that does the paint, Steve does the rest. One of his customers sent me some photo's of a highly customized Z Steve did for him, he had very high praise for Steve's work. I'll try to remember to put those up on this thread later, in the mean time here are some that Steve himself sent me.

Mark

post-18715-14150809828965_thumb.jpg

post-18715-14150809829605_thumb.jpg

post-18715-141508098302_thumb.jpg

post-18715-14150809830785_thumb.jpg

post-18715-14150809831387_thumb.jpg

post-18715-14150809832093_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.