IGNORED

'76 280z 2+2...

Sparx Macgyver

Well, im not sure where to post this, so if I placed it wrong, I apologize. Please move to the correct forum if need be.

Next week I'm hoping to go look at a Z. It's a 1976 280Z 2+2. Direct from the owner:

"I prime started it and it ran great. Lady who owned it had it in storage, now its in mine.

She said she drove it in in '95 and unplugged the starter. We reconnected that (it was the

alternator) Said she was afraid of it being stolen from her again (key ignition etc. is all

intact or have been repaired) She even removed most emblems but I have them. A few new

parts go with it (All new hoses, etc.)

I think she must have disconnected the fuel pumps power, or a glass/tube type fuse when

she stored it (One fuse is missing) It doesn't seem to pull fuel on its own. I haven't messed

with it much besides changing all tires, adding gas to the tank, and prime starting it, then

pushing it into my storage. Haven't had much time. The brakes and clutch need to be bled

as well.

I can guarantee it as a good complete 280z with an excellent motor, haven't tested the trans

or drove it. Interior is a rust orange color, looks OK, few cracks in dash, has seat covers,

looks OK other wise.

Just over 100k miles. Pretty clean original 280Z, brown exterior, straight body, Western

aluminum wheels, decent tires."

Any ideas what I might be looking at as far as issues? I don't expect a full diagnostic, as I know that's impossible without anyone looking at it. I'm just looking to get a general idea of where to go from there if I do buy it. Thanks in advance to everybody.

Well, im not sure where to post this, so if I placed it wrong, I apologize. Please move to the correct forum if need be.

Next week I'm hoping to go look at a Z. It's a 1976 280Z 2+2. Direct from the owner:

"I prime started it and it ran great. Lady who owned it had it in storage, now its in mine.

She said she drove it in in '95 and unplugged the starter. We reconnected that (it was the

alternator) Said she was afraid of it being stolen from her again (key ignition etc. is all

intact or have been repaired) She even removed most emblems but I have them. A few new

parts go with it (All new hoses, etc.)

I think she must have disconnected the fuel pumps power, or a glass/tube type fuse when

she stored it (One fuse is missing) It doesn't seem to pull fuel on its own. I haven't messed

with it much besides changing all tires, adding gas to the tank, and prime starting it, then

pushing it into my storage. Haven't had much time. The brakes and clutch need to be bled

as well.

I can guarantee it as a good complete 280z with an excellent motor, haven't tested the trans

or drove it. Interior is a rust orange color, looks OK, few cracks in dash, has seat covers,

looks OK other wise.

Just over 100k miles. Pretty clean original 280Z, brown exterior, straight body, Western

aluminum wheels, decent tires."

Any ideas what I might be looking at as far as issues? I don't expect a full diagnostic, as I know that's impossible without anyone looking at it. I'm just looking to get a general idea of where to go from there if I do buy it. Thanks in advance to everybody.

Like all the other Z cars with streight 6, reagrdless of the mileage, headgasket water and oil external leak should be looked at. When the car sits for a long time, many things start to fall apart when you drive it.

Call this guy "Yasu" at Auto Inspector 310-308-6745 www.autoinspector.org

He will perform full inspection of the car including: Body, frame, rust, mechanical, electrical, and test drive right on site. He works thoughout Southern California. Inspection price is ranging from $125-200 depending on your location. He is an ASE Certified tech as well as NAAA Certified frame structure examiner. He is also my former employee and very honest and good inspector. He is a super Z guy also!

www.jdm-car-parts

Esprist