IGNORED

Oil pump upgrade

IdahoKidd

I am tinkering on the 280z today and decided to change out the oil pump and put in the zx turbo oil pump. The parts house wants to know if I need the one for the automatic or the manual. I have the 4 speed in the car but since it isn't the "correct" application, I am wondering what the difference is. I will be changing out the oil pump on my turbo conversion (different car-same year) later on. That motor came with an auto but will have the 5 speed when it is done. Again, wondering what the difference is besides $30 bucks?

Thanks!

Leonard

Both turbo pumps have the same higher PSI rating, the auto pump is said to have higher volume as well because the automatics had an oil cooler and needed the extra volume. Not sure if the extra volume is worth the $30.

That makes sense Arne. Corndodger, I hadn't called a dealer, but did call 3 different parts houses locally and also checked online. All of them listed the auto and stick as different and one guy made up an explanation that they probably had different physical dimensions to allow for accessories. Probably won't buy it from that guy. I think I'll save the extra bucks.

Thanks guys.

Leonard