IGNORED

Fuel System Problem

gas4765

Fuel pressure regulator maybe. I'm almost positive that you have one. If you have pressure to the rail there should be fuel entering the cylinders unless the injectors aren't working. So I would check that the injectors all work.

Did you change out the fuel? 10 year old gasoline isn't very good to run on.

Hope that helps

Jan

Yes I clean the gas tank. Would the excess pressure cause the injectors not to work? Yes it has as a regulator. Does the fuel circulate through the fuel rail and when the the pressure get high then the regulator opens and let some fuel back to the tank?:stupid:

Edited by gas4765
Not sure what I am doing

Yes I clean the gas tank. Would the excess pressure cause the injectors not to work? Yes it has as a regulator. Does the fuel circulate through the fuel rail and when the the pressure get high then the regulator opens and let some fuel back to the tank?:stupid:

If I remember right the fuel pressure should be around 26 PSI, I doubt excess pressure would cause the car not to start (in reason of course). If you used a fuel pump made for 280z you should be safe.

So the cars turning over just not starting? Have you looked at the ignition system to make sure every cylinder is getting spark and the coil is working?

Maybe let the car turn for a bit and check the plugs to see if there wet. If they are then the injectors are working and your just not igniting the fuel. If not we can go from there.

I would do what Z Tyler Z recommends. First off make sure that the pressure is good at the rail. Secondly make sure that you are indeed getting the fuel from the rail to the pistons (make sure the injectors work).

Let us know what you find.

Jan