IGNORED

Painted My 240Z!

1970Datsun240z

Looks good so far. Are you gonna shoot another coat of Clear on there or does it just need to be buffed out? Been wondering what the Blue and white themed motor was gonna go it, for a while now.

I also painted my own, first time ever, in my small garage. Very satisfying but now I know every drip, run and bad spot on the car. i'm my own worst enemy.

Dave

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Post some more pics when it's been buffed-out!

I painted a car once and was worthwile experience. It came out OK, but I found out I'm much better at prep than painting... Come to think of it, that's still true today, 25 years later!

• 1 month later...

Here are the pictures I promised. I ended up finishing most of the car before I polished the paint. The only things left are some interior parts!

Yeah... I got a little carried away with the polisher on the front of a stripe as you can see... But it's all a learning curve. It was a blast.

I miss my aluminum wheels. :disappoin But it's winter and I had to put on the steel wheels with studded tires. It kinda reminds me of a rally car though. :) Not that I'll be driving it much anyways in the winter. :paranoid:

I just put the emblems on tonight. It was really satisfying. Hope you guys like the pics.

John

post-19152-14150809489494_thumb.jpg

post-19152-14150809490122_thumb.jpg

post-19152-14150809490746_thumb.jpg

post-19152-14150809491329_thumb.jpg

post-19152-14150809491891_thumb.jpg

post-19152-14150809492477_thumb.jpg

hey that is a great job for being your first. do two or three more of those and you can start charging for it. would be glad to bring mine down if you want to get a little more practice in.;)

Thanks! Although that would be a far drive all the way from Arkansas. :)

Just re-shoot the blue stripe on the hood and polish again, but with a bit less vigor...

Thanks for the pics. Looks good!

Less vigor. A concept I need to grasp. LOL

John