IGNORED

need help wiht swap

ginoZ

Hey guys,

I was thinking about doing a LS1 swap into my Z and I've been doing some research about the RB26 but want at least 400-500 hp but not shure that this thing can handle it see my pic. album it has a 944 sun roof let me know what you think. thanks G

Edited by ginoZ

All the info you want is over a www.hybridz.org for doing a LS1 swap. I don't understand where the 400-500hp came from though. Is that just a figure you came up with? The reality is there's no reason to have this kind of hp under the hood of a daily driver. It will not hold traction, the body will twist apart if not heavily reinforced with a cage, the driveline will eventually give out. There are cars putting down this kind of power but they're drag cars or miserable to drive on the street. Been there in my youthful days and it was short-lived fun. Just saying.......

ezzzzzzzThe reality is there's no reason to have this kind of hp under the hood of a daily driver.
Maybe so, but it sure is fun! A stock LS1 puts out 350 hp. Slightly built it would easily top that. My daily driver, a 2005 GTO with an LS2 puts out 400 hp. I'm not what anyone would refer to as 'youthful' nor is my car 'miserable' to drive. But, like ezzzzzzz says, you'll need to put a lot of work into an S30 to have it, at very least, stay together much less hook up and/or handle.