IGNORED

Paint & Body in Jacksonville, FL??

DC871F

I have a 73 Z I need to have paint & body done. Any suggestions in JAX, FL?

I know there are plenty, but I dont want to just hand it over to just any place that just does insurance work, not that I'm knocking that. But I kind of get the feeling from talking to some that there just really not interested in do my car, and I'm affraid the work may suffer.

Any suggestions?

I also wouldnt mind taking it out of town if there is a reputable place, in reason of course.

There is an outstanding shop up the road in Savannah-David Kuhn Restorations-these guys are internationally known, and don't do insurance work. I have seen their work in great depth and detail, and can speak from intimate knowledge of their thoroughness and skill. While they aren't cheap, they do not cut corners, and what you pay for, you get. They can do the best work I have ever seen, and have won "best of show"s at the Major Concours events including Amelia Island, Pebble Beach, Hilton Head, and several other Marque specific concours shows. They just won first place with a 1937 Cadillac 12cyl at the Classic Car Club of Americas Grand Classic Show at Stone Mountain with a score of 99.5! ~ Don't let their credentials scare you off, their prices are unbelievable for the quality of their work.

One other absolute rarity. David actually encourages owners to come and work along side them-so you can be an actual part of your cars restoration-not just the guy signing the check! I have been working out there on Larrys Car since last November, originally to keep the shop rate reserved for things needing the shop skills, but that reason became learning more about the right way to do things from guys that have proven through time that they know how to do things right. If you could see the mess of dents, kinks, mis=alignments, untreated metal, holes and bondo that A self-proclaimed DatsunParts LLC business sold as a fully restored and show ready car, and the concours ready car David has made of their sows ear, you would appreciate the value of their work. I can arrange a visit if you would like-the car is almost ready for paint.

I'll be passing through Jax on Friday on my way to Bills party in Gainesville on Saturday.

If you want to see some beautiful Zs, you should plan the Saturday trip!

Will

I'll send you a PM.

Edited by hls30.com