IGNORED

Advise needed.

Pomorza

Hello all

This past week my car was at the mechanic being worked on and checked. Well got it back today with a long list of things that are bad. To begin with the radiator has a leak. Not bad but enough to worry me. So where do you all get your radiators from? My local checkers here sells them but the drain plug is in the middle and not on the side like mine is.

Secondly my transmission mount is...well not really doing anything at all. When I drive I can actually feel the transmission moving back as I accelerate. Again local store has them but I'm wondering if they are worth anything.

Thirdly...the air regulator on my car is dead, literally not working at all. I saw that MSA sells them but they run at about 125 or so. Are there any places that sell them cheaper. I was unable to locate them anywhere really.

Thanks all

Jan

We have all felt your pain, so take a deep breath. Remember that most of us on here also own Zs that are 30-40 years old. Many have nice paint jobs, but most have issues lurking beneath the skin, like yours. Are you a member of a local Z club? MSA generally offers club discounts. You should consider Courtesy Nissan in Dallas as well for parts. The wait time on the phone is typical. Check with a local radiator shop. If repairable, don't be suprised if they recommend re-coring it while their at it.

adamr

Just speaking from my own experience, MSA gives Classic Zcar Club members (this forum) discounts if you order by phone. They need your member number but I never had a problem. In fact, I have had great service from them both in email and over the phone. There is a thread in General Discussion (below the Help forum) about the discount

Order a new aluminum radiator from MSA and electric fan he you can afford it too. THEY WORK GREAT, direct bolt in and hold 180 to 200 degres all day long, i have the fan set to come on at180. And the drains are on the sides not the middle. The trans mount might be a safer buy from Courtesy or MSA.

Edited by WingZr0

Thanks guys for the advise about the discount. I'll keep that in mind when I order things from there.

Now I took a long look at the radiator last night and in all reality I would rather get it replaced the repaired. Simple reason is that there is rust along the sides and there are a couple of areas where it looks that leaks will occur. So any advise on where to get a new one?

Secondly. What I mean buy the transmission not having any value is I'm worried it won't fit and I'll end up just wasting my weekend trying to replace something that doesn't fit. I know that sounds kind of selfish but I rather do it once and have it done then spend weeks doing it.

Thanks

Jan

There's nothing wrong with wanting the right parts. I always check my parts before I start the job (when possible). Match them up, make sure they look the same, etc. I don't see not wanting to waste time as being selfish. We all (well, most of us) have a limited amount of time on the weekend to work on our rides. We want that to go as efficiently and successfully as possible

Afraid I've never looked for a stock, OE style, radiator before so I'm sure about their availability. The Aluminum units are very nice