IGNORED

Need 240z used tranny!

Frankensteinz2

Hey guys,

So im stuck out here in minnesota, my tranny welded right in to one of the gears, the local shop says i need a new one, ill settle for used. Anybody got access to one of these? I am currently in the bottom of minnesota, also lookin for another shop to do this more timely.

Down and out right now, any help would be appreciated :ermm:

Frankie

I've got a spare early 4 speed - but ironically it's here in Oregon! Not much help in getting you out here.

Since your car (IIRC) is a '72, you can use any 4 or 5 speed from '72 through '83 except the ones out of the '83 ZX Turbo. All others will simply bolt in. To save possible headaches use ALL of the clutch parts (incl. the clutch fork and release bearing) you have in the car now, not any parts that may come with the replacement transmission.

And while the ratios may be inconvenient, I think you might be able to also get by with a manual tranny from some of the older Datsun/Nissan pickups. Maybe someone else can verify that one way or the other?