IGNORED

Insulator Mount Installation

jsl5150

Hey Guys, Im getting ready to replace the differential insulator mount, to hopefully get rid of my rear end clunk, and was wondering what the leased painfull way to go about it is. Is there any way to replace it without dropping the whole diff and drive shaft? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edited by jsl5150

Trying to think of why this wouldn't be so easy as to just take the front crossmember off. 4 bolts and the nut that holds the mount to the diff. Then you should be able to remove the bolts that hold the mount to the diff, replace the mount, replace the crossmember, and you're done.

Jeff-

Before you do I would advise you searching for "ron tyler" mount. There have been several discussions and I have had some excellect sucess from not using the new Nissan Mount that I purchased - well, actually it stayed on my car for about 1 month - yes, a new one - and then I tryed the R/T mount and my "differential blues" are gone!

Just another Z car fans viewpoint!---------take it or leave it..........by the way - welcome to the site and hang on - its a fast ride!

Another alternative is the fairly simple solution used on the SCARAB's... Simply bend a 3/8's steel plate to wrap around the bottom of the cross member and put some rubber between it and the cross-member. Then bolt it to the stock mount.

Search for Paul Richer Differential Mount on HybridZ.org. Simple to make and cheap too.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150808494118_thumb.jpg

post-3609-1415080849444_thumb.jpg

Jeff-

Before you do I would advise you searching for "ron tyler" mount. There have been several discussions and I have had some excellect sucess from not using the new Nissan Mount that I purchased - well' date=' actually it stayed on my car for about 1 month - yes, a new one - and then I tryed the R/T mount and my "differential blues" are gone!

Just another Z car fans viewpoint!---------take it or leave it..........by the way - welcome to the site and hang on - its a fast ride![/quote']

Where did you get your mount? I emailed Roostmonkey or whatever his name is over at Hybrid over a week ago and havent heard back.

I started on the tear down of my rear end yesterday and it seems like this ordeal will make the front seem easy.

I only want to do it once and would like to do the R/T mount while back there, or Carl, maybe I will look into doing the Scarab design.

Where did you get your mount? I emailed Roostmonkey or whatever his name is over at Hybrid over a week ago and havent heard back.

I started on the tear down of my rear end yesterday and it seems like this ordeal will make the front seem easy.

I only want to do it once and would like to do the R/T mount while back there, or Carl, maybe I will look into doing the Scarab design.

I got one from Roostmonkey (his name is Brad) a few weeks ago. He told me he only had 2 left, so maybe thats why you haven't heard back.

The clamshell works too and should be easy to make. Either is WAAAAY better than Nissan's original strap design and should solve the clunk. I'd get a rubber foot from the hardware store and put that on the top of the clamshell part so you have rubber on both sides of the diff crossmember.