IGNORED

Looking for 70's z in Texas

ZCarLife

Hi everyone, I had a 77 or 78 280z as my first car in high school that I saved and bought.. partly b/c my dad bought his 240z new in 71. He didn't keep it in good shape but I was very interested in the car, as my first memories were in it (I was born in 76).

Anyway, I sold my car even though I loved it so much when I was in college. I told myself that one day I would like another one. So, now it's been more than ten years later, and I'm really wanting another one similar to it.

So I'm here to get involved a little in the z world and see if I can find my next baby... I live in North Texas but I'm a bit picky so I may have to see what I can find a little extended out from my city.

Nice to meet everyone!

I, too, had one in high school. Bought my 71 in 2007 from a fellow member here who contacted me. Be sure to inspect your prospective purchase firsthand as some ads and pics are misleading. I drove from Md to Fla to see one for sale and was disappointed when I got there. Post pics here and other members will give you pretty expert opinions on the car. Good luck!!

Just a quick suggestion. Don't limit yourself to just North Texas (mine came from Alaska). It's getting harder to find a good quality Z these days, so plan to travel. You didn't give us an idea of your budget, but air fares are so cheap these days, you can make a round trip most places for $400-$500 and ship the car back to Texas for around $1,000 or less. I'd rather have spent the extra $1500 and get the best car versus compromising on a car that's closer to home.

Of course if your budget is $3000 that makes a big difference!

I was contacted earlier this week by Adam Tannen (CK1) on the board and he's planning to sell a stock 71 with only 39,000 miles on it. He's in New Jersey. PM him if you're interested.

Good luck,

Best,

Bob

Edited by bobc

Thanks everyone... yes, I actually have thought about having to go somewhere else to get a car. I don't want to spend the extra money on it, but it may be that that is what I'm going to have to do to get one in good to very good condition. I was hoping to spend some time searching my area first, just in case I am lucky to find just what I want. I plan on going to the convention on the 29th in San Antonio to see if anyone may be selling there..